My family had the pleasure of working at the Jellystone Park in Ft. Atkinson, Wisconsin in the Spring and Summer of 2014. We had such an amazing time, I knew I would recommend the park to other families looking for places to famkamp® as well as just visit for fun!
Here are 10 great reasons your family will enjoy a trip to Ft. Atkinson:
- Staff: The staff at the park is very welcoming. Comprised of long-term employees, workampers®, and seasonal staff- the park has a friendly vibe that welcomes returning campers as well as newbies.
- Accommodations: We stayed in a seasonal site for the majority of our stay, which was not only large and spacious with a full deck and barn; but we also stayed in a Sleeping Cabin for about a week, when we first arrived. It was very clean, and more than enough room for a family of 6.
- Campground Store: The store is packed with everything and everything you forgot to pack. From beer and wine to fire starters and firewood, you really never have to leave the property. It also has a large selection of well price souvenirs for the family, slushies for the kids and fresh coffee and cappuccino for Mom & Dad.
- Activities: Hate to toot my own horn, but since I was the Activity Director, I know firsthand that the Activities at this park are amazing! They really take the idea of themed weekends seriously! Make sure to check out the themed weekends and choose a few of your favorites, to book for your family!
- Golf Cart Poker: If you’ve never played, you need to try it! Hands down this is one of the most heavily attended activities and entertaining activities every weekend. An adults game, where everyone from rookies to experts can play and have the same chances to win the cash pot! Remember to rent your golf cart with your reservation, they run out quickly!
- Amenities: In case your kids want to have some more fun, their amenity area is ridiculous! Overly active toddlers-teens will entertain themselves with hours and hours of water slides, jumping pillow and pad, a dunk station, a slip-n-slide and even Zorb Balls. The park also hosts a water war with the Rec. Rangers- which is a must do on every campers list!
- Life Guards: With two heated pools, the kids will want to spend much of their time cooling off in the water. Set your mind at ease, by knowing there is a fully trained lifeguard staff to watch over the pools the entire day.
- Saturday Night’s: Did someone say Dance Part? Plan on taking the kids over to the Pavilion for the Saturday Night Dance! Not only is attendance never an issue, the dance floor is open to everyone of all ages. This Dance is one event that the whole family will enjoy!
- Snack Bar: Fully loaded with meals for everyone, you’re sure to find one of your favorites on the menu every day! Prices are so reasonable, you’re able to eat every meal on property without breaking the budget. (Trust me, we did!)
- Seasonal Campsites: Don’t worry about bringing the camper back and forth each weekend. They offer seasonal campsites for the camper who wants to come and go all season long at affordable prices. Pay one low rate and leave the camper all season long and camp as much as you like.
If you’re looking for a fun family camping trip, for an affordable price, Jellystone Park in Ft. Atkinson, WI is a great option. Regardless of what your camping in, this Jellystone offers campsites for all types of tents, trailers and motorhomes. Checkout their website, pick a theme and make your reservation, before all the good spots are taken!
Safe Travels & Many Adventures-