When we first started interviewing for Workamping jobs we really had no idea what we were doing. We were clueless as to what questions would be asked, what topics would be discussed and ultimately what questions we should ask, in order to make sure the job was a good fit for us. After a few test runs, we started to figure things out. It wasn’t long before we were in the driver’s seat, steering these Employer led conversations toward our own destinations.
So what questions should you ask during a Workamping interview?
The answer to this question, lies within the details of what exactly your looking for in your next employment offer. If you just simply need a free site, your questions will be drastically different from someone looking for a wealth of recreation activities for their family.
Regardless of the specifics of your intentions, some questions are just good to ask. We’ve compiled a list of the questions we usually ask future employers, which we’ve provided in no particular order below…
- What positions do you currently have open?
- What is the hourly wage, you are offering?
- What are the required dates for this position?
- Is there a completion bonus?
- Do you pay travel reimbursement?
- What type of hookups are available?
- Is laundry available onsite? Is it included?
- What are the required job duties?
- Can you describe a typical day?
- Do you have a schedule already on place?
- What days and times are required?
- Are opposite shifts available?
- Can we have the same days off?
- Do you consider your business to be family friendly?
- Have you ever hire Workampers® with kids?
- Can we use the park amenities on our days off?
- Do you provide a golf cart for Workampers®?
- How many employees do you have?
- How many Workampers® do you hire each season?
- How many return?
- Are there any on call hours?
- What is the dress code? Are uniforms provided?
- Can you describe your business demographics?
- What is available in the surrounding area?
Safe Travels & Many Adventures-